Thursday 11 July 2013

Central market: a love affair

Supermarket shopping isn't fun. Let's face it, it's one of those chores that just have to do, like taking out the bins. Magically, this changed when your in a new country. It happened when I was on holiday in Germany- never has Lidls been so exciting- and it's happened here too.  Walmart was overwhelming, Randells was efficient but Central Market is awesome!

It was described to me by my realtor as a place where "you could eat your way around the world". I'm not sure if that's strictly true but there is definitely a LOT of choice.

Meat anyone?

The selection of serve yourself coffee beans
Cwaaafffeeee

Part of the beer selction

And the best part of it is there are tonnes of free tasters including coffee, which is definitely needed if you shop on a Sunday afternoon along with the rest of Houston (rooky mistake!).

Since my initial trip there I've been pretty much every other day for something "essential" such as okra or sushi for dinner. And for the next few months I do not see this love affair turning sour!

No comments:

Post a Comment