Tuesday 1 January 2013

How to start the first blog post on a new blog?


With a little light comedy maybe?

Or a philosophical message?



Or maybe just an glimpse into what to expect from the rest of the blog?



After a brief flirtation with blogging last summer during my field work for my PhD I had this feeling I should start doing it again.  But the question of what I should blog about arose.  Should it be about the end of my PhD, my geeky love of real and made up science, my idolisation of Sean Bean or about my one true comfort in life- baking.  In short it will probably be about all of those things and more.  

As the title of the blog suggests, I am a stress baker.  Its an addiction and I just can't help it.  And at the moment, I am possibly doing the most stressful thing I will ever do....a PhD.  I'm sure when I become a grown up and get a job, potentially even have babies, those things will eclipse the stress I am feeling now. If that is the case, dear lord I will need one BIG oven and a lot of eggs!

At the moment I currently am not eating dairy (sadly I'm lactose intolerant, sometime I embrace the intolerance but this is not one of those times) nor gluten which means when I bake, I bake for the special people out there with various food issues.  When I blog about the baking, which might be most of the time, and not the science I will try and include the odd recipe.  This is more for my own reference as I look so much up online that it will be good to have it all in one place.

Also I apologise in advance for the poor wordmenship, I'm a baker not a writer!

2 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong with cats AND cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elspeth, how come you knew about this blog and didn't tell me? We're meant to be social media MOGULS!

    KT - loving your work, darling.

    ReplyDelete