Saturday 29 June 2013

Arguing with Sean

Who is Sean, I hear you all ask.  Well Sean is the irish male voice on my tomtom app and we don't really get on! I've never driven with a sat nav before and I can't say I'm enjoying the experience thus far. 

Initially I had a few teething problems with actually getting the app to actually work but I think that is more my inaptuded with my new iPhone than anything else. Now I've got him running and there has been mixed success. I don't like driving at the best of times let alone in a forgien car on the other side of the road in heavy relentless traffic where the majority of the drivers don't indicate and/or are on their phones. It's so bloody dangerous.

Anyway, back to mine and Sean's adventures on the road. So he has a tendency to want me to go on the large ring roads and interstates which for those who have not been to the USA are large motorway style roads which are often much larger (went on one yesterday with 7 lines in either direction). Up until yesterday I have been resisting this as they scare the bejesus out of me. So everytime we head towards one I start screaming at Sean in the car asking him what he thinks he is doing (but in more colourful language). Obviously I get no reply. Once we are on the larger roads he is not help with lane choices as the next instruction is slow to be given which has lead to quick and quite scary changes between lanes. It's a real adrenaline ride that's for sure.

The frustrations don't just head in one direction, am sure if Sean were human and could feel emotion he would be exastabated by my sheer lack of distance awareness! I do not know how far 400yards are and to be honest it would not help if it were in metres. I just have a mental blank at distances. This has lead to me turning way before my alloted direction from Sean. This causes him to furiously recalculate and me to keep asking him where we are going, again in quite colourful language!

Although our relationship is improving we have a long way to go until it is harmonious!

No comments:

Post a Comment