Saturday 29 June 2013

Don't dream it...see it!

Since I was introduced to the Rocky Horror Picture show by a friend in my early teens I have always enjoyed watching the film, singing the songs and doing the time wrap.  But I had never seen it in the cinema nor the theatre. I have always wanted to but never had the chance, until now. It seems that one of the local art cinemas plays it every 2 weeks over the summer, how amazing that the cult following is so large in Houston that they show it that often!
The red lips were a MUST for Rocky.  Sadly, I didnt dress up...*hangs my head in shame*
I managed to persuade a few friends to come along to the showing with me. Two of these people had no idea of what they were in for but I thought hey could cope with the oddness that would ensue, luckily I was right. There was a shadow cast (who mime to the film and act out what is going on) and there was a huge amount of audience participaaaaaaaation! 

It was so much fun that I might even try and go back another time this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment