Sunday 30 June 2013

Office policies for one?

The last fews day have been so exhausting I have not had much time to reflect on and account the actual experience.

As you can gather from my last post, I started work on Wednesday.  I popped on my best (only) suit and drove in early in the morning. Rush hour traffic is something to behold here. But I'm accompanied in the traffic by over enthusiastic radio DJs and a cheesy pop music with a splattering of country, oh I can't wait to get an aux cable! Upon reaching work and managing to park (more about my incompetence at parking later).

started a day that most consisted of admin and health and safety briefings. For someone who hasn't had a real job in a long time, it was exhausting. With regards to the work and other related thibg, there is little I'm allowed to say due to contracts and confidentiality so I'll leave out all the boring geology details from the blog (I bet most of you are glad about that!).

There is one thing I think I'm allowed to mention is that I have an office to myself. That's right...no sharing! This is very strange to me as I have never at work or at university been in an office to myself. And it's an odd experience. There is no one to talk to, no noise (well that's not strictly true as I leave the door open), and lots of space! Still don't really know what to make of having an office to myself but I think it could be good, better not get to used to it as I know I'll be returning to G44 before I know it!

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any SBWs at your office?! They will make the experience more lively I am sure!

    For some reason I cannot picture you driving a car. At least they are all automatic in the states. REMEMBER CROATIA DRIVING?!

    ReplyDelete